The anesthesia support technician has a responsibility to identify specific needs of the patient and anesthesia care provider in relation to anesthesia supplies needed prior, during, and after surgical intervention. Responsibilities include location, cleaning, restocking, and communication of stock or supply issues to anesthesia personnel. The technician works under the direction and supervision of the anesthesia provider when anesthesia related activities are being performed. Support responsibilities include familiarization with the cleaning and processing of surgical instrumentation on an as needed basis during levels of high surgical productivity. Additionally the position is responsible for surgical data enter in the OR Surgical Data Management System. Participates in Performance Improvement Activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Current BCLS certification.
* Certification preferred.
* Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Additional languages helpful and preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Working knowledge of anesthesia equipment.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled