Cardiovascular Ultrasound Tech (FT Days)
Job Summary: Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatrics. Performs diagnostic testing on both inpatient and outpatient basis to include 2 D/M Mode to Doppler echo adult and pedi, transesophageal echocardiograms (TEE), arterial doppler both upper and lower extrementies ,venous doppler of both upper and lower extremities , reflux vein insufficency studies, carotid ultrasound. Chemical and treadmill stress/nuclear studies stress test, contrast echo’s, stress echo’s ., EKG’s, Holter monitoring/scanning on all ages and EEG Studies.. Call is required and must be able to respond to the hospital within 30 mins.
- High school graduate; Associates degree is preferred, but not required.
- Successful EKG Interpretation course completion
- Prefer specific experience and training in Ultrasound.
- Current BCLS certification
- Successful completion of basic cardiac orientation
- Stroke training- Recommended
- Successful Chest Pain - Recommended
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Moderate written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to perform EKG Holter monitors, Event Monitors, TEE’S, pediatric echo. adult echo , Stress Test. Stress echo, stress echocardiograms , venous ultrasound ,arterial ultrasound and carotid ultrasound
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled