Location: Odessa Regional Medical Center / Scenic Mountain Medical Center
Posted Date: 11/28/2022
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
The Manager IS Hospital/Practice Leadership has responsibility for all End User equipment and peripherals as well as deployment and operational support at the hospital/practice level. This individual, under the direction of either the Director or Senior Director of Enterprise Service Delivery, works closely with the hospital/practice leadership to understand business direction and ensures that the local Information Systems Specialists meet the business demands.
The Manager of IS Hospital/Practice Leadership oversees all local IS staff and focuses on the delivery of exceptional customer service, effective frequent communication, and prompt problem response and resolution. This individual will recognize when issues need to be discussed or escalated to Senior business and IS Leadership and takes ownership in seeing these issue through to resolution.
This position functions as a liaison between the clinical and hospital/practice leadership and IS. While meeting the needs of the business demands, the Manager of IS Hospital/Practice Leadership will also be responsible to explain the IS Strategy and initiatives to ensure the business and IS are working in tandem to meet business, IS and Corporate goals.
The relationship with the business leadership and IS leadership will be key to the success of this position.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- Lead all IS operations at the hospital or practice site
- Act as the liaison between the hospital and IS, responsible for fostering a solid relationship and establishing strong communication
- Manage all local IS Specialists
- Enhance the span of control for IS Specialists to allow more work to be supported and addressed locally
- Ensure Helpdesk tickets are entered to support trending and reporting on service
- Manage staff on password changes
- Lead hands on activity for voice and Networking
- Work closely with hospital or practice site SLT to ensure IS aligns with strategic initiatives
- Enhance support tools and documentation to enable continuous improvement in customer support
- Provide regular reporting to SLT for ongoing IS work (helpdesk reports, project status reports, operational issues, etc)
- Define IS life cycle management of equipment
- Identify opportunities where automation will improve productivity and champion deployment
- Attend both IS and business leadership meetings
- Provide improvement recommendations in areas where the impact of service interruptions, business loss, clinical impact etc. is significant
- Collaborate with staff and peers in implementing IS solutions
- Work with peer leaders across IS and the business to define new policies, procedures and governance to improve resource availability and support to cultivate a more agile environment
- Staff management and appropriate decision-making authority encompassed in the latitude of the role
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal customers, technical teams and vendors to achieve IS goals and objectives
- Encourage teamwork, motivate and lead the IS Services in establishing a solid infrastructure
- Work closely with the PMO Office & Project Managers on project implementation and ensure that any new solutions are adequately tested prior to integration and deployment
- Manage initiatives and implement recommendations at the Divisional & Corporate level to achieve performance objectives
- Oversee multiple Hospital/Practices depending on their size and location
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem-solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentially)
- Technical proficiency in IS customer service as well as applicable hardware, software, networking/telecom and systems software
- Ability to carry out position with a high degree of customer service, communication, teamwork and timeliness
- Skill in working with executive management; ability to communicate technical concepts and drivers to a non-technical audience
- Skill in defusing potentially explosive situations
- Demonstrated skill in budget management
- Demonstrated success in managing teams and recruiting/retaining skilled talent
- Skill in managing within in a highly matrixed organization
- Knowledge of common end-user hardware, software, and applications
- Knowledge of hospital software for clinical and administrative use
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect to differences in cultures, values, beliefs, and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience (Type & Length): 5+ years of related experience developing and leading initiatives in healthcare organization(s).
Experience in managing dynamic initiatives within budget
have demonstrated successes in the following areas:
- Development and implementation of new solutions and work processes
- High competency in the execution of multiple and/or large projects, with experience in cross-functional environments
- Team building and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
- Effectively communication with customers, employees, and senior management