Responsible for scheduling patient appointments for diagnostic, special procedure, and catheterization areas as ordered by referring physicians. Responsible for informing patient and or physician staff concerning proper preparation and instructions for procedures ordered, and any pre-certification that may be required. Must maintain effective communication with physician offices and ancillary departments within the hospital. Answer telephones as needed and relays messages to appropriate individuals immediately. Responsible for retaining orders via fax for all scheduled appointments and rescheduling patients as needed. .
· High School graduate or equivalent; Completion of medical terminology course or medical secretary program preferred.
· Minimum of one-year experience as a scheduler preferred
· Language Skills:
· Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge, data entry programs, word processing programs.
· Multi-line phone knowledge.
· Types 45 words per minute.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position withoutcompromising client care.