Critical RN Positions - Local Contracts - Stipend Eligible
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Work within our network of 33 community hospitals as a full-time employee of Steward Health Care!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
ER / OBED / NICU / TELE / L&D - POSITION SUMMARY
- The Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of team-oriented, age specific episodic patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning implementation and evaluation in accordance with the standards of care established by the Patient Care Services department and within the Emergency Care Center, MedSurg/Tele, OB ED, Labor and Delivery, and NICU units.
- Performs accurate physiologic and psychosocial focused assessments for assigned patients
- Demonstrates knowledge of the expected plan of care and outcome for the illness or injury being treated. Communicates the plan of care to the patient or reinforces the physician’s plan of care. Implements nursing measures and treatment protocols according to established procedures.
- Evaluates the patient’s response to care or measures implemented. Reassesses vital signs in accordance with established procedures and as indicated by the patient’s condition. Reassesses physical parameters as indicated by the patient’s condition or treatment performed. Reports pertinent trends to the physician
- Implements technical aspects of care safely and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Utilizes established policies and procedures
- Accurately administers medications and parenteral solutions according to Patient Care Services and Emergency Care Center policies and procedures. Utilizes the Pyxis cabinet correctly, properly identifies the patient prior to administering medication, screens the patient for medication allergies, and reports adverse drug events in accordance with established policies.
- Accurately documents assessment data and patient responses to interventions. Completes documentation in a timely manner and completes it in a manner that facilitates prompt and accurate billing of the patient’s account
- Effectively communicates discharge instructions to the patient and family. Assesses patient and family understanding of the instructions. Uses language and methods appropriate to the patient’s age and education level.
- Performs activities that promote follow-up for patients (i.e., after hours x-rays, labs, follow-up phone calls.
- The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Current, active and unencumbered State RN license
- TNCC Certification - ED
- STABLE / NRP / FM - OBED / L&D / NICU
- ACLS and BLS required
- 2 years of experience within specilized unit
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 37 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
- $57.00 - $70.00 + shift differentials + stipend (if eligible)
Please feel free to email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 141386