CT Lead Tech (FT Techs)
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the radiologists and according to established policies and procedure, the LEAD CT Technologist produces quality diagnostic CT exams on patients of all ages utilizing existing equipment for imaging and image manipulation. The incumbent oversees the staff assigned to the area and ensures they are educated and competent on all protocols and CT related processes.
Position Requirements: Incumbent must be registered with the ARRT and hold advanced certification in CT
(RT, R, CT) with a minimum of 4 years of experience in CT preferably in a hospital setting. Must also have current license in the state of Texas and be certified in Basic Life Support from an AHA program.
This position requires interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and or emotional stress. Ability to acquire and effectively utilize knowedge of computerized tomography techniques, methods, and knowledge of cross sectional anatomy in order to obtain quality images. Must posess the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail. Knowledgable of blood borne pathogen safe practices and the use of the N95 respirators as appropriate. Demonstrates working knowledge of Electronic Health Record and PACS.
Position Responsibilities: In addition to being able to perform all technical duties, the LEAD CT Technologist will:
- Participate in the orientation process for new employees and cross trained employees.
- Ensure efficient workflow within the department by getting patients started on time and keeping turn around time to a minimum.
- Work with other departments to provide optimal patient care.
- Participate in hospital committees that involve CT related to accreditations and national benchmarking.
- Stays abreast with new developments in CT and assists with implementation of new processes, procedures and protocols.