CT Tech Lead
***$5000 Sign-On Bonus***
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
FT; 7:00a - 3:30p
About the Position:
Under the supervision of the radiologists and according to established policies and procedure, the LEAD CT Technologist produces quality diagnostic CT exams on patients of all ages utilizing existing equipment for imaging and image manipulation. The incumbent oversees the staff assigned to the area and ensures they are educated and competent on all protocols and CT related processes. Will be required to participate in CT call and holiday rotation. Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements: Incumbent must be registered with the ARRT and hold advanced certification in CT
(RT, R, CT) with a minimum of 4 years of experience in CT preferably in a hospital setting. Must also have current license in the state of Texas and be certified in Basic Life Support from an AHA program.
- Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Computed Tomography Technology preferred.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists as ARRT (R)(CT)
- Current Texas Medical Board (TMB) license.
- Minimum of 4 years of CT experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Possesses a high level of knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Proficiency with most major CT equipment manufacturer's hardware and software (GE, Siemens,
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Familiar with the use of Electronic Health Record and PACS systems
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.