Float RN-CCU, ER & House Supervisor
This position requires candidate to be able to Float into Rehab, Med Surg/Telemetry & Step Down CCU units. Provides direct and indirect patient care in the medical-surgical setting. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Additional functions applicable when acting as charge nurses: Authority to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient and staff safety, assist in evaluation of unit and agency staff. To responsibly direct and precept staff members as needed in all aspects of patient care and management. To participate I quality improvement during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties. Candidate MUST be flexible and able to float into different areas.
· Current Registered Nurse licensure in state of Texas.
· ACLS certification within six (6) months of hire.
· Current BLS certificate.
· Successful completion of Arrhythmia course.
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.