Human Resources Director
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 by 14 obstetricians, pediatricians, and family practitioners as Odessa Women's and Children's Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Hospital in 1995.
In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 and has approximately 250 physicians on staff, with over 700 employees.
Today ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care..
Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Human Resources assists management in obtaining and maintaining a qualified work force. Provides human resource staff service to department directors. Provides approved services in employee recruiting, selection and training. Assists in describing, classifying and pricing positions. Maintains records and controls. Develops personnel statistics, and reports on problems and trends. Recommends needed improvements in personnel policies, programs, services, procedures, forms and controls. Counsels with directors, administrative staff, supervisors and employees on issues related to employee relations.
- Responsible for overseeing all human resources issues including staffing, staff relations, orientation and development, compensation and benefits.
- Directs the Human Resources Department, is a resource person for the department.
- Develops and recommends human resources practices and procedures that assist in the growth of the facility.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and/or experience
- Experience as a Human Resources Manager in the hospital setting preferred; or three or more years as a Human Resources Generalist in the hospital setting.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local registration relating to Human Resources, i.e. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled\
Odessa Regional Medical Center offers more than competitive pay, as well as serveral programs that support your personal & professional goals. Thank you for considering Odessa Regional Medical Center.