Location: Odessa Regional Medical Center
Posted Date: 1/12/2021
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Position:
- Conduct ongoing assessments of clinical information systems. Identify gaps and opportunities in patient care needs, assist in the development of strategies for meeting these needs, and ensure that all computer systems are fully integrated into the clinical practice of each area utilizing these systems.
- Bring requests for changes in any application to the Advanced Clinical Applications Team. Assist in the build, testing and implementation of these change requests. Communicate any changes in Advanced Clinical Applications to the end users.
- Function as an integral member of both the Nursing Leadership team and Frontline Leadership to elicit the full cooperation of managers accountable for clinical documentation, medication administration, electronic reporting, and other aspects of clinical computing.
- Function as an integral member of the facility policy committees to ensure that existing policies reflect any changes in practice or procedures as a result of implementation of the electronic record. Assist in writing new policies and procedures that support the use of Advanced Clinical in all aspects of patient care.
- Provide oversight and support for the overall planning, development, and implementation of new IS projects that support the delivery of care.
- Assist in the development of budget and staffing recommendations around new IS projects and coordinate clinical information needs with the IS Health System Account Managers and IS Project Managers.
- Work with the Steward IS Team to develop computer training programs that incorporate computer literacy outcomes for all Directors, Nurse Managers, Staff Nurses, and Administrative Assistants, and make recommendations regarding staffing needs in relation to the implementation of new systems and programs.
- In support of the MEDITECH Advanced Clinicals Projects:
- Provide guidance to the ACS project team in development of best practices and project impacts from a nursing perspective
- Assist in testing of applications
- Interact with CNOs on ACS project status progress, and nursing-related issues and concerns
- Work with hospital Nurse Managers and ACS Core and site teams on current and future state workflow processes, training and support
- Provide support to other Steward Facilities with respect to the ACS project.
- Work with the Advanced Clinicals Team and NIMs/ RN-IT CAPS from other Steward facilities to achieve and maintain standardization of all aspects of the Advanced Clinical Applications across all Steward facilities.
- Provide ongoing support to end users. Work with OM trainer/specialist to provide ongoing support to LIPs.
- Provide oversight and support to ancillary enterprise groups by attending their meetings as needed.
- Provide oversight and Meditech support to other departments within the facility.
- Respond to and participate in Crisis Calls initiated by the Steward IS team to resolve Meditech issues. Provide clinical insight to the Steward IS team as to how an issue could impact the end users and patient care. Assist the HSAM to communicate issues to the facility leadership and end users.
- Provide support to the facility during system downtimes. Monitor the updating and accuracy of downtime reports.
- Some travel to other Steward facilities is required. This position will straddle both Odessa (ORMC) and Big Spring (SMMC) facilities.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing minimum
- Experience (Type & Length): Minimum 2 years experience in Nursing units
- Certification/Licensure: Active Registered Nurse License