Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Position
Performs venipunctures and skin punctures competently and expediently. Has thorough knowledge of test requirements. Responsibilities include collecting patient samples. Under direct Lab Technician supervision, performs specified lab tests in Microbiology, Hematology and Urinalysis. Participates in Peformance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from infant to geriatric. Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivilant
- Eighty hours of training in the proper procedure to be employed in the performance of venipuncture and skin punctures under the supervision of the Chief Medical Technologist..
- Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Completed all CLA training checklist under the supervision of that department’s supervisor.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.