Lead Mammography Tech
Provides proper care, patient evaluation and education for out patients following prescribe schedules, physician orders, competencies, protocols and utilizing proper equipment and procedures. Required to follow policy and procedure and standards of practice for mammography.
* Position Requirements: Graduate from an accredited School of Radiologic Technology. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), credentialed in mammography with ARRT, and Licensed in Radiology with the state of Texas. RT (R ) (M)
* BLS credential from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or within 30 days of hire.
* Minimum of 4 years experience as a Mammographer with at least 2-3 years of experience performing QA/QC, audits, etc for MQSA, FDA, and ACR.
* Incumbents in this position must possess: clinical excellence within Mammography, demonstrated leadership ability, assertiveness and confidence, strong communication skills (written and oral), problem solving skills and be self-directed.
* Flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the department and patient is required. The incumbent will be able to maintain stable performance levels under conditions of pressure and multiple demands. Meets all required competencies within specified time frames.
* High School graduate or equivilant;
* Graduate from Diploma Program, Associates Degree, or BS degree in Radiologic Technology
* Current Registration with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
* Current Certification in Mammography (M) with the ARRT
* Radiology Licensure in the State of Texas
* BLS (American Heart Association)
* Chest Pain Education
* Recommended Stroke Education
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge
* Minimum of 4 years as a Mammographer. A minimum of 2 years personal experience with meeting MQSA standards and requirements (i.e. weekly equipment QC, Technical and Professional peer review, running daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly audits, etc)
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled