In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in radiography, mammography preferred.
- Current Texas Medical Board (TMB) license.
- Achieve Certification in Mammography through ARRT (M), within 18 months of hire to position.
- Cross-training into breast sonography.
- Two year radiology experience preferred.
- Current BLS certification with American Heart Association.
- Understanding of breast anatomy, positioning.
- Recommended Chest Pain and Stroke education.