Medical Staff Coordinator
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
8a - 5p Full Time
About the Position:
Assists the Director of Medical Staff Services with administrative support services for the Medical Staff and Medical Staff Officers. Assists in maintaining all credentialing files and processes. Follows Medical Staff Bylaws, Policies & Procedures, and Rules and Regulations. Performs all duties in compliance with DNV accreditation and other regulatory standards. Participates in Performance Improvement Activities. Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Post secondary education in secretarial field or related business field preferred.
- Two or more years experience in Medical Staff Office preferred.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
- Excellent internet knowledge, word processing skills and database management skills
- Ability to learn and use new software equipment.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.