Medical Tech Lab PDM
|***$5,000(MLT)/$10,000(MT) Sign-On Bonus***|
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
About the Position:
Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from Neonate to Geriatric. Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- Current certification as a Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technician or Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform as a generalist.
- Eligibility to sit for certification exam as Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technician or Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform as a generalist. Must obtain certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Must be able to perform testing in the following specialties; blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.