Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to Neonate to Geriatric.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry or Biology.
· State Licensure as a Medical Technologist in the following specialties; blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
· Certification preferred.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Additionally languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Operates the following equipment correctly and safely: photometer, spectrograph, colorimeter, microscope.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled