MRI Lead Tech
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 by 14 obstetricians, pediatricians, and family practitioners as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Hospital in 1995.
In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
Monday - Friday 7:3:30. Some weekends and on call required.
About the Position:
Leads the MRI team in proper protocols, training, and cross-training to promote best practices and high quality patient centered care. Works closely with the radiologists to develop and improve protocols. Performs a variety of imaging procedures, including MRI and radiology procedures, and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric.
- Five years of MRI imaging experience.
- Prior lead tech experience preferred.
- Prefer program based training in MRI.
- Graduation from an AMA-approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R), (MR).
- Current BLS certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Possesses a high level of knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Proficiency with most major MRI equipment manufacturer's hardware and software (GE, Siemens, Phillips).
- Recommended Stroke education
- Recommended Chest Pain education