MRI Tech PRN
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
Varied shifts as needed
About the Position:
Performs a variety of imaging procedures, including MRI procedures, and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric. Will be required to participate in MRI call and holiday rotation. Other duties as assigned.
- One year of radiologic/imaging experience preferred.
- Prefer specific experience and training in MRI.
- Graduation from an AMA-approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Certification in MRI within 24 months of moving into the MRI position RT, (R), (MR)
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Possesses a high level of knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Proficiency with most major MRI equipment manufacturer's hardware and software (GE, Siemens, Phillips).
- Recommended Stroke education
- Recommended Chest Pain education
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.