Pediatric Speech Therapist(Part-Time)
Responsible for providing Pediatric Speech Language Pathology program to the communities served by Odessa Regional Medical Center. The SLP provides therapy services from start to finish, which includes: receiving referrals and following up with PCP for any needed documentation; ensures pre-authorization/pre-determination is obtained for Evaluations and Treatment sessions; schedules Evaluations, Treatment sessions, Community Screenings; mails pre-determined communications to caregivers; performs Speech Language Evaluations with comprehensive documentation and treatment plan; communicates with referring Provider and obtains signature’s where required; provides Speech Therapy sessions with robust documentation; communicates with and includes caregivers in treatment plan, providing tools and practice in ways to continue therapy at home, in between visits, for maximum progress; follows documentation requirements for hospital policy and procedure; schedules regular reassessment of child’s progress utilizing any number of tools, including CELF, PLS-5, Goldman Fristoe, and more; administers additional assessments per protocol.
The program goal is to advance the client to achieve maximum growth in the goals set for their treatment plan and potential, in the most efficient manner possible. This will include reasonable Long-Term and Short-Term goals, adjusted as necessary to client’s potential/progress/engagement; as well as required therapy participation at home by caregivers, utilizing the Speech Therapy Parent Workbook the SLP designs specifically for each client.
All infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs, policies and procedures will be complied with.
Work Schedule: Monday & Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm; Tuesday & Thursday: 8:30am - 7:00pm; Friday: OFF
Required Skills: SLP demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of a client; possess the ability to identify requirements of each client relative to their age-specific needs; ability to develop a reasonable and comprehensive treatment plan to address identified needs; ability to implement the treatment plan effectively and efficiently, with the client and their family, to provide the care needed, as described in policies and procedures skills check lists.
Demonstrates respect to individual’s diversity in values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues that play a role in addressing the needs of clients and their families, visitors, and co-workers.
* Current Texas State Speech Pathology Licensure
* Graduate of an approved School of Speech/Language Pathology
* BLS Certification mandatory
* Previous experience in Speech Language Pathology therapy services preferred
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge
* Knowledge of equipment utilized in the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of speech pathology.
* Must be able to determine appropriate patient procedures and evaluate results.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled