Phlebotomist(FT Nights $500 Sign On)
Performs venipunctures and skin punctures competently and expediently. Has thorough knowledge of test requirements, assists in Clinical Laboratory as needed. Responsibilities include bleeding time tests, blood cultures, blood samples. Participates in Performance Improvement Activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Eighty hours of training in the proper procedure to be employed in the performance of venipuncture and skin punctures under the supervision of the Chief Medical Technologist.
· Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy certification preferred.
· Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge required.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.