Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 by 14 obstetricians, pediatricians, and family practitioners as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Hospital in 1995.
In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
Nights: 11-7; 3-11 and other varied evening shifts - Full Time -
About the Position:
Performs venipunctures and skin punctures competently and expediently. Has thorough knowledge of test requirements. Responsibilities include collecting patient samples. Under direct Lab Technician supervision, performs specified lab tests in Microbiology, Hematology and Urinalysis. Participates in Peformance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from infant to geriatric.
- High School graduate or equivilant
- Eighty hours of training in the proper procedure to be employed in the performance of venipuncture and skin punctures under the supervision of the Chief Medical Technologist..
- Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Completed all CLA training checklist under the supervision of that department’s supervisor.
- BLS (American Heart Association CPR) Certification within 90 days of hire