* High School graduate or equivilant;
* Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy, BS or MS degree.
* Degree in related field with certificate in Physical Therapy will be considered.
* Licensed or licensure eligible as a Physical Therapist by State of Texas.
* Licensed by the State of Texas Board of Physical Therapist by State of Texas.
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Ability to: Work cooperatively with hospital staff; handle frequent interruptions; adapt to changes in workload and work schedule; establish priorities; foster team environment by providing orientation and training to new team members; communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to meet the care needs of ages of customers.
* Must be able to fulfill the following requirements:
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
* Requires standing or sitting for extensive periods of time. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Frequently lifts, carries or pushes items weighing fifty(50) pounds or more. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Potential for musculoskeletal injuries due to moving and lifting patients and equipment. Must be capable of performing CPR.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled