Registered Nurse, Float Pool Nights
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 by 14 obstetricians, pediatricians, and family practitioners as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Hospital in 1995.
In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
PRN - Per Diem - Float Pool Nurse - 7p - 7a
About the Position:
The Ideal Candidate will provide direct and indirect patient care in the critical care, emergency and medical surgical telemetry units. The nurse will be assigned to one of four care settings based on staffing. The house supervisor department will place float nurse to the needed position on a daily basis.
The nurse communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to adult.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing BSN preferred
- Current state Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Two or more years of recent critical care experience preferred.
- Successful completion of critical care course preferred
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS certification within six (6) months of hire.
- TNCC/PALS/ENPC within one year of hire
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled