Respiratory Therapy Student
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Therapy Director and Department Supervisor, the Respiratory Care Practitioner and Respiratory Care Student will clean and sterilize reusable equipment, assist with maintaining adequate supply inventory and maintain adequate levels of supplies in all storage areas. Provide Respiratory Care services in accordance with physician orders, department policy and procedures. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range Neonate to Geriatric. Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate and enrolled in AMA Approved Respiratory Therapy Program or Certified eligible.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
- NBRC Credentials
- Letter of Good Standing from the Approved RT program.
- Hospital Orientation upon new hire
- Department orientation training
- Fire Safety Training
- Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.