RN - NICU - FT Nights
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 by 14 obstetricians, pediatricians, and family practitioners as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Hospital in 1995.
In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
PRN Shift 7p - 7a
About the Position:
Provides direct patient care in the neonatal intensive care unit. Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care. Communicates with physicians about changes in neonate's clinical condition including homodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Participates. Provides service to ages of neonate and adult. Additional functions applicable when acting as charge nurses: Authority to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient and staff safety, assist in evaluation of unit and agency staff. To responsibly direct and precept staff members as needed in all aspects of patient care and management. To participate in quality improvement during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties.
- Current state Registered Nurse license.
- Certification in Neonatal IV Therapy within six months after hire.
- Basic neonatal cardiac monitoring within six months after hire.
- Current BLS certification.
- Certification for Neonatal Resuscitation within six months after hire.
- Complete NICU orientation course.
- Certification in S.T.A.B.L.E. within 6 months of hire. (STABLE not required of agency nurse staff)
- Acquire 10 Neonatal Specific CEU’s a year. (www.NICUniversity.org, www.dandLIONmedical.com both provide free 1 hour CEU’s.)