RN NICU - Full time Days
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
Full Time Days for NICU - Experience preferred Rotating Schedule.
About the Position:
Provides direct patient care in the neonatal intensive care unit. Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care. Communicates with physicians about changes in neonate's clinical condition including homodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Participates. Provides service to ages of neonate and adult. Additional functions applicable when acting as charge nurses: Authority to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient and staff safety, assist in evaluation of unit and agency staff. To responsibly direct and precept staff members as needed in all aspects of patient care and management. To participate in quality improvement during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties. Other duties as assigned.
- Current state Registered Nurse license.
- Certification in Neonatal IV Therapy within six months after hire.
- Basic neonatal cardiac monitoring within six months after hire.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
- Complete NICU orientation course.
- Certification in S.T.A.B.L.E. within 6 months of hire. (STABLE not required of agency nurse staff)
- Acquire 10 Neonatal Specific CEU’s a year. (www.NICUniversity.org, www.dandLIONmedical.com both provide free 1 hour CEU’s.)
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.