RN-O R Circulator $10,000 Sign On Bonus (FT Days)
Provides direct patient care to neonate through geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities. Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of surgical operating team are met. Monitors, positions and assists patient during procedure. Provides services to age range from neonate to geriatric. Additional functions applicable when acting as charge nurses: Authority to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient and staff safety, assist in evaluation of unit and agency staff. To responsibly direct and precept staff members as needed in all aspects of patient care and management. To participate I quality improvement during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties. Must take call. Be able to do all specialties with emphasis on ortho, gen, gyn, uro, ent. Hours range between 6:30am to 5:00pm. May work 5 - 8 hour shifts or 4 - 10 hour shifts. Candidate must be flexible.
· Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Texas.
· Current BLS certification.
· Completed ACLS certification within one (1) year of hire.
· Completed Basic EKG/Arrhythmia-identification course.
· Minimum of two (2) years work experience in the operating room or equivalent medical/surgical experience required for training.
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Additional languages desirable.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.