RN-PACU(FT Days)($5000 Sign On)
Provides direct patient care to neonate through geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the post anesthetic environment. Assists with the maintenance of PACU equipment and inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities. Responsible for monitoring patient’s physiological status in the immediate postoperative environment. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously, and as needed, about patient conditions; receives direction for patient management. Intercedes to maintain optimum homeostasis. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to Adult. Additional functions applicable when acting as charge nurses: Authority to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient and staff safety, assist in evaluation of unit and agency staff. To responsibly direct and precept staff members as needed in all aspects of patient care and management. To participate I quality improvement during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties
* Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Texas.
* Current BLS certification.
* Current ACLS certification or completed within 90 day probationary period.
* Current PALS certification or completed within 90 day probationary period.
* Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in PACU preferred.
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled