Transfer Center RN
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 by 14 obstetricians, pediatricians, and family practitioners as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Hospital in 1995.
In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Position:
Transfer center is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the activities related to cooddination of ORMC pateitnt transfers during his/her assigned shift., the transfer center employees will provides direct and indirect use of critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities in coordinating patient transfers. Initiate, manage and complete all direct admissions, and outgoing transfers for hospital. Participates in Peformance Improvement activities.
- Current state Registered Nurse license..
- Current BLS certification..
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with computer based charting and other software programs
- adaptability to change, organizational skills.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled