Travel Nurse - Nursery / NICU RN
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Work within our network of 33 community hospitals as a full-time employee of Steward Health Care!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
- Provides direct patient care in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care.
- Communicates with physicians about changes in neonate's clinical condition including homodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
- Provides service to ages of neonate and adult.
- Additional functions applicable when acting as charge nurses: Authority to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient and staff safety, assist in evaluation of unit and agency staff.
- To responsibly direct and precept staff members as needed in all aspects of patient care and management.
- To participate in quality improvement during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years of NICU experience required
- STABLE Certification Required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
Please feel free to email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 141391